- About The District
- Board of Education
- District News
- District Comprehensive School Improvement Plan (CSIP)
- Community Partners & Bulletin Board
- Volunteer Application
- Parent Resources
- Parent Resources Overview
- Find your school - map and locator link
- Before- & After-School Care
- Calendars Print/Subscribe
- Emergency School Closing Procedures
- Food & Nutrition
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS)
- Summer Learning Academy
- Transportation / Bus Routes
- Additional Parent Resources
- UCHS Athletics
- District Award Nominations
- Transcripts and Diploma Replacements
- For Current Staff
- Rebranding Logos & Templates
A Conversation with Dr. Ian P. Buchanan, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
2 days ago
Dr. Ian Buchanan is the assistant superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction in The School District of University City.
Explain the relationship between curriculum and instruction and the learning that takes place in the classroom.
People assume that when teachers graduate from college they are ready to teach and be effective. Is that a misconception?
What are some of your early observations about the work happening in the District around C & I and what is on your “wish list?”
State learning standards and testing seem to change often. What impact does this have on education and planning your lesson/teaching strategy?
How does data figure into your strategies for teaching and learning?
What is your professional approach to curriculum and instruction? What principles guide you as you lead your team?
Pianist Stan Ford Named 2017 Returning Artist
2 days ago
Pianist Stan Ford
UCHS Class of 1975 and 2000 UCHS Hall of Fame inductee, will visit classrooms across the District as University City’s 2017 Returning Artist.
Stan Ford, University City High School (UCHS) Hall of Famer, has been selected as University City’s 2017 Returning Artist by the University City Municipal Commission on Arts & Letters. The program features artistically renowned UCHS graduates whose primary careers are in the Arts.